Monday, December 13, 2010

Oven-Roasted Brussels Sprouts

I have never liked these little things, but this recipe was absolutely delicious!

Ingredients:

1 lb. Brussels sprouts
3 Tbsp. EVOO
1 tsp. Sea Salt
1 tsp. Black Pepper
1/4 C. walnuts (optional) - but I can't tell you how yummy these were, so I will always add them.
1/4 C. sliced mushrooms (optional) - again, yum!

Preparation:

Place Brussels sprouts in a bowl of cold water with ice cubes. Sprinkle with salt. Let sit for 20 minutes. (I let them sit longer because I was busy doing other things). Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400.

Place a clean kitchen towel on the counter. One by one remove the Brussels sprouts and trim the hard end off the bottom. Trim off any loose or yellowed leaves. Make a small cross in the bottom of each sprout. Cut any large sprouts in half lengthwise. When all the sprouts have been cleaned and trimmed, place them in a medium bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, walnuts and mushrooms. Toss lightly until all sprouts are well coated.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (I never use to use this stuff, but it has been so nice having it as a staple in my kitchen) and gently transfer the sprouts to the baking sheet. Place any halved sprouts cut side down. Place in oven and bake until lightly browned for about 30 minutes. Serve hot.

My husband, 9-year old son and 2 1/2 year old niece gobbled these up. Everyone loved them!

No comments:

Post a Comment