Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Starting the Beachbody Ultimate Reset

This is Day 1 of my Ultimate Reset.  So far, the food has been amazing!  I'm full and I can't wait to try more recipes. If you don't know what the Ultimate Reset is, I'll explain briefly.  It is kind of a cleanse, but not in the way you would think.  You still eat food and plenty of it from what I can see so far.  The Reset is a way to slowly migrate your eating habits from processed, sugar, fat, "fake" food to real, fresh, wholesome foods.  Between the food and the supplements, my body will be eliminating all those nasty toxins. You can read more about it on Beachbody's website.  I'll keep you updated on my progress.  I wish I would've taken a picture of the food, but I didn't think to do it until just now, so I'll try to remember to do it from now on.  

During this 21 day Reset, I am looking forward to seeing any changes in my body's aches and pains.  As you may know, I have Sjogren's Syndrome (an auto-immune disorder), so I have my own set of challenges.  I take quite a few prescriptions and I have normal aches and pains.  I'm curious how resetting my body will affect how I feel.  I also struggle with severe fatigue due to Sjogren's, so that's another thing to monitor on this program.  I have recently had shoulder surgery, so I am also healing from that.  I got my doctors' blessings before ordering this program, so I'm good to go!

I feel full and satisfied - not hungry or craving anything right now.  I do have a headache and I feel really tired, but as I said, this is not unusual for me.  My shoulder aches and it is moving up my neck, so I don't think my headache or fatigue is related to the Reset.

More soon...

P.S. You may be thinking that I already eat pretty clean and that is true, but I do have my little addictions to sugar, dairy, breads, alcohol, etc. (i.e. candy at the movies, cheese, butter, pancakes w/syrup, carbonated flavored water).  This is a way to get back to my clean eating ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment