Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Day 7 of the Reset

OK, so I haven't taken pictures of the food as I had intended.  I'm usually so anxious to eat that I forget!  But, I did remember to take a shot of my half eaten lunch from day 2.  It was Greek Salad w/chicken breast.  It was, oh, so good!

Day 2 started out rough.  I fought a headache on day 1 and woke up on day 2 with nausea; which I'm sure was residual from the migraine.  I actually ended up having to take my nausea medicine after which, I felt much better.  Day 2 food was amazing! The Black Beans & Rice in a corn tortilla was Yum-O.  We all liked it.  We were all full and completely satisfied.

Day 3 began much better. I felt good.  Breakfast was satisfying; although I was tired of kale after the 2nd day of it with breakfast.  Dinner was a challenge.  Dinner consisted of Nori Rolls with Tempeh and Veggies, Japanese Cucumber Salad and Miso Soup.  Lots of seaweed!  None of us like the seaweed.  We all gave it the good ol' college try, but nope, no way, just can't do it!  So, we peeled the stuffing out of the seaweed wrap and it was really yummy without the seaweed.  The Miso soup was also a complete no go.  I tried the next night to make it better by adding some garlic and green onions, but it was just so beyond redemption for us that we couldn't make it happen.

The stir fry, the roasted root medley, and the zucchini cashew soup nights, along with the fruit plate breakfasts have been amazing - oh, & the oatmeal... so good.  I'd say more than half the food has been so good that I will make them even after the Reset.

Finally, we get to the baked tempeh!  The marinade is so icky... we choked it down.  The first two bites were ok, but after that... we're talking gag reflex issues.  So, I have a plan for the next night of Tempeh, which is tonight.  I'm gonna simplify the recipe and just try it with Himalayan salt.  I'll report back on how that experiment works.  Also, the salads have been amazingly good, but on day 7 we are so tired of salad for lunch we could scream.  I think we have salad every single day for lunch for the next 2 weeks.  Ugggh!  Although, in week 3 it looks like they switch it up with the types of salads, so that will be a nice respite.

The most difficult part for me, so far, has been not snacking in the evening after dinner.  I'm not hungry, but I crave something to chew.  Usually an apple or orange or gum, but since I can tell that I'm actually still full from dinner and we can't have gum, I have to stop myself.

Day 6 was the most difficult for me.  I wanted to give up.  It's not an easy thing to do... all this planning and prep work of new and unknown things.  It's a great deal of work in the evening to prep the following day's lunches and breakfasts, but I trudge on.  It does make it easier that my family is doing it together.  My son is eating breakfasts & dinners with us, but he is not taking the supplements.  He is 12 and he is noticing a difference in his mid-section and his acne.

Check back later in the week for information about the supplements!

No comments:

Post a Comment