Thursday, August 12, 2010

Favorite Recipes



OK, so I've been meaning to write more about the actual inspiration for my blog... FOOD! I have some favorites to share with you from Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet.

Clean-Eating Power Protein Bars on page 303 of The Eat Clean Diet Cookbook. This recipe actually has the most ingredients I think I've seen in her recipes, but it is still soooo easy and good! My husband and son love them too!

The next one I want to mention has to be her Grandmother's Favorite Oatmeal Cookies! OMG! These are sooooo good! These are husband and son approved as well, not to mention others that I've shared with - though I try to be stingy because I have a sweet tooth. This recipe is on page 249 of the book.

Her Low-Fat Almond Date Biscotti are fabulous with your morning coffee!

And, the absolute most fabulous dessert I think I've ever had is her Tofu Chocolate Mousse! Yes, tofu... I'm not a big fan of the stuff, but this is to die for. You have to try this one!

Ok, so that's my favorites so far in the sweet category. Let me tell you a few in the savory category.

Her Adobo-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Black-Bean Pico DeGallo is at the top of the list. It is on page 200 of the book. The Stellar Legume Soup on page 238 and the Hearty White Bean Chili on page 245 also top notch and well loved in my household.

I'm still working through the cookbook, so I'll keep you in the loop as I try new recipes! In the meantime, give a few a try yourself! It is actually yummy to eat clean! Her books are also at the local library, check them out.

Check my Recipes page for my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment