Thursday, July 29, 2010

Getting enough food…Snack Time

So, breakfast is out of the way, but now I need to come up with some snacks to get me through until lunch and then again mid-afternoon. This is what I keep out and readily available at my house for snacks.

I love raw almonds from WinCo’s bulk section or Costco (actually cheaper per ounce). I also enjoy walnuts (cheaper at WinCo), dry roasted peanuts (unsalted) and occasionally I will rotate in some others (soy, pistachio, cashews (unsalted), etc.) for variety. WinCo’s bulk section is my haunt.

For store bought protein bars, I buy at Costco. They have the most protein per serving and they taste fine and the price isn’t bad for the amount of protein per serving. They are Premier brand and are just called “Protein” bar. These bars have no High Fructose Corn Syrup, so they are pretty “clean”.

I also have fresh fruit readily available and I always have carrots & celery cut up in the fridge. Celery and peanut butter have saved me from total starvation a few times. OK, so not total starvation, but I was hungry!

I have also used a protein product called Egg Whites International for supplemental protein in our diet. I really like the convenience & versatility of this product. The only problem is we go through it so quickly… it’s hard to keep enough on hand. I buy this from their website eggwhitesint.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment