Monday, July 26, 2010

Welcome to my blog!

If you would've asked me two years ago if I needed to lose 30 pounds, I would've said, "no, maybe 10 pounds, but not 30". I didn't think I had 30 extra pounds to lose. But, guess what? I did! Have you ever heard of P90X? It totally changed my body and slowly, but surely, my mind (how I think about food & nutrition) has changed as well.

I heard about P90X from my Pilate instructor (I had never seen those infomercials). I bought the program because I wanted to tone up & maybe get back down to a size 8. Now, I didn't consider myself an exercise novice. I worked out regularly; 5 days a week for about 30 minutes or so, plus I did Pilate's once to twice a week. I thought I was in good shape, but whoa was I in for a shocker. During the first week of P90X, I realized I hadn't been working out hard enough with the right mixture of exercises and I definitely wasn't eating very clean. I'm a "foodie". I love food. I love to eat it. I love to talk about it. I love to share it. I love to prepare it. Food is actually a big part of my life and my personality, but I digress.

So, what does all this mean? After two years of P90X and P90X Plus and cleaning up my diet and portion sizes, I am down from a size 12 jean (& 169 pounds) to a size 4 jean (& 137 pounds). It has been and continues to be a journey. Mind, body & spirit. I have changed the way I look at food. I have researched and gleaned information from books and other sources. I have changed the way I cook and how I nourish my family - it has been trying at times, but mostly its been fun and healthy.

I started this blog so I can share information I have learned, to inspire, to swap food stories & recipes, and to pass along supplement, vitamin and other nutritional information. I love food and cooking and that has been a huge part of my journey. I hope I can help you on yours.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen,
    I'm Brandi I think I might have met you 1x when Joe & I were in insurance! :) Oh the good ole days hahahahahaha. I feel like I know you. I'm very excited to read your blog. Thank you for sharing it with us. Congrats on your healthy lifestyle. I am still working on mine. I run but that is about all I do and I know that I need to eat better & work my core so I am excited to get some tips from you! :)

    ReplyDelete