Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Helpful Tool

When I first started P90X, I used the portion control method and cut back on the amount of carbs I took in. I tracked my calories using mydailyplate.com. It is a helpful website because it already has so many foods (both restaurant and grocery) listed in there and it gives a pie chart of protein to carbs to fat ratios. It was an eye opener. My carbs slice of the pie was huge while the protein was pretty low, surprisingly. Using this site also helped me be more cognizant of my food intake because I had to write down everything I put in my mouth.

I don’t track that anymore, but I found it extremely helpful in the beginning. Plus it was kind of fun to compete with myself over the ratios and calorie count.

It was also nice that I could configure and save homemade stuff, like my oatmeal or my egg sandwich. I could select how much of the oats I use and how much sweetener I put in, etc. It would calculate the fat and calories, etc. from there and then save it for me to select it again on another day’s intake. Pretty slick!

1 comment:

  1. Keeping a fitness journal is also something to consider for those starting up new workout regimes.

    ReplyDelete