Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Time Flies

Wow!  I can't believe 2012 is half over and I haven't written since November!  Time flies.  I have been busy with family and friends and food and fitness.  I had a big birthday and I got to go to Hawaii with my family for Spring Break!

I'm still cooking and enjoying food and fitness.  We received our copy of P90X2 in December and began shortly after that.  I've done two rounds and I plan to start a hybrid combination of regular P90X and Plus with X2 Yoga and X2 Recovery mixed in.  The X2 program came with a really great nutrition guide with some great recipes in it.  I will try to share my favorites soon.  

I love X2 - phase one and three are my favorites.  I have; however, lost some of my ripped arms and abs.  It made me more elongated and streamlined, less chisel.  My legs have much more definition now.  My body seems more like a body that practices mostly yoga.  It will be fun to see how my body responds to switching back over to regular P90X - how it will evolve again.

I may have mentioned this before, but I watched a documentary, some time ago now, called Forks Over Knives.  It is on Netflix.  Check it out.  There is also a book of the same name.  I will share some of my favorite recipes from that as well.

I have been off the hormone replacement therapy now for a while.  They were giving me migraines.  On a kind of second thought, one of my doctors suggested I try Cymbalta for my anxiety.  I am now taking that along with my normal Mirtazapine and that combination seems to be what keeps the anxiety away.  It is amazing; however, I have gained about 5-10 lbs just since starting the combination.  I'm not too alarmed just yet, but it is definitely on my radar.  I'm feeling so good though, I hate to mess with it.

Hopefully, more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment